***RedHat Enterprise Linux 6/7/8 / CentOS 6/7 / RedHat Satellite***
UNIX / LINUX System Administrator x1
Cheltenham, Gloucestershire / London
My client is a global leader in next generation information technology services and solutions, dedicated to helping their clients on their digital transformation journey.
They are a leader because they have passionate, talented and committed people and work with world-leading partners in business and technology. Their purpose is to solve their clients’ business challenges through best-in-class industry solutions, domain expertise and global scale.
What they are looking for:
My client requires enthusiastic engineers at all levels, ready to use their skills and to learn. You will join their team of multi-talented, experienced engineers working together to resolve engineering problems and incidents to make sure their clients’ get the return they need on their technology investments.
You will also be keen to develop your skills and we will support and encourage you to learn and develop, allowing you to do the best work of your career, enhancing yourself and their Technology future.
- You will provide first and second level technical support on incidents and problems
- Provide one-touch resolution for all types of incident and levels of severity escalating where necessary
- Monitor overall system performance and ensure smooth system functionality
- Create and maintain documentation – and use it.
- Work to ITIL best practices
- Ability to join 24*7 on call rota (out of hours support)
- Implement standards, policies and procedures for continual service improvement
- Automate and improve everything you can. Look for root causes and fix them
- Share your knowledge and learn from others
- Proactively look for risks and problems and make sure they get fixed
- Assist to build compliance with process and policies
- You’re enthusiastic and get on with things
- You work with a ‘can-do’ attitude
- You love to learn new skills and take on new challenges
- You listen to customers and want the get it right for them
- You’d rather stop things go wrong than fight fires
- You’ll look for innovative ways to overcome hurdles and tenaciously pursue them
- You share what you know and love to work in a fast paced, multi skilled team
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- You’ve good analytical and troubleshooting skills with an eye for detail
- You take responsibility and can run with issues with minimal supervision.
- You quickly adapt and are comfortable with working on multiple projects at a time, as part of a team or alone
Your skills & experience:
My client is looking for people with either a foundation in or in-depth knowledge of;
- Implementation and support of RedHat Enterprise Linux 6/7/8
- CentOS 6/7
- RedHat Satellite
- Patching and scripting
- Implementation and support of RedHat OpenStack
PLEASE NOTE – To be successful you will need to have or go through DV clearance
For more information on this very exciting opportunity, please contact me in confidence, Lee Barham – 07541 684 150 / email@example.com
Damia Group Limited acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers. By applying for this job you accept our Data Protection Policy which can be found on our website.
Damia Group is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.