Senior Technical Architect – FX EMS/OMS – Canary Wharf – SIX FIGURE Base salary plus 20% bonus
Fantastic opportunity to help our client in defining the next generation of their FX buy-side EMS/OMS capabilities
You will join a global highly skilled architecture team to help bring about a wide reaching evolution in EMS/OMS capability.
· Hands-on Technical Architect working closely with the Business and agile development teams to define EMS/OMS architecture.
· Subject matter expert responsible for EMS/OMS vendor assessment.
· Align Trading Architecture with the wider Enterprise Architecture and Business vision
· Understand and review current system architecture
· Define the glide path from current state to target architecture
· Ensure the open platform architecture remains secure
· Drive the highest levels of quality and service
· Promote enterprise wide reuse of technology components
· Track industry trends and ensure new system designs exploit enabling technologies
· Maintain strong working relationships and ensure design patterns and best practices are communicated to and effectively adopted by development teams
· Be accountable to ensure all strategic code development adheres to architecture design and guidelines
· Communicate and win support from senior stakeholders for business-impacting technology decisions
· Collaborate with development, QA, Application support and Infrastructure managers to improve the operational efficiency of the organization.
· Selection of technology vendors and commercial negotiation.
· Deep Architecture expertise in FX EMS/OMS technologies, ideally from a vendor: Order mgmt, Position mgmt, Execution Mgmt, SOR, GUI technologies, Workflow, RFQ, RFS, Liquidity Provider connectivity and adapters, Risk Mgmt inc. Trading Controls, Post trade/STP, Analytics and reporting, Reference Data.
· High performance and low latency/jitter messaging infrastructures
· Good understanding of FIX data/message modelling and FIX infrastructure management
· Low Latency Trading Systems Architecture including Software, Bus, Caching and Database technologies.
· Experienced at striking the balance between architectural vision and near term delivery
· Design and architecture of systems and software components
· Demonstrated track record architecting systems for quality, availability, supportability, scalability, extensibility and security
· Experience in Cloud technologies particularly AWS, HTML5/JS, Docker, Kubernetes, databases, serverless.
· Information security architecture and secure software development and tooling.
· Network Architecture
· Agile development methodologies and DevOps, CI/CD pipeline and associated tooling, Jira
· AWS Certified Solutions Architect
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or relevant field, or equivalent experience
· A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar role in financial services
Senior Technical Architect – FX EMS/OMS – Canary Wharf – SIX FIGURE base salary plus 20% bonus
Damia Group Limited acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers. By applying for this job you accept our Data Protection Policy which can be found at www.damiagroup.com
Damia Group is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.