The main duties (but not limited to) are the following:
- Deliver a full range of tax services in compliance with laws and regulations within budget and timeframe
- Build relationships and directly interact with clients to provide tax planning and support
- Support our tax team to provide a wide range of tax advisory projects
- Provide innovative tax planning across a broad range of taxes
- Review of tax returns and preparation of complex tax returns
- Identify and mitigate tax risks
- Coordinate and lead our tax compliance team and take responsibility for developing and training them
- Manage tax provision and tax compliance processes within our Plymouth office
- Assist in managing financial performance of the tax department.
Attributes, Skills, Experience and Qualifications
Ideally the successful candidate will have the following attributes, skills, experience and qualifications.
- Previous experience working as a Tax Manager or Assistant Tax Manager
- Outgoing, socially confident and emotionally controlled
- A positive attitude, friendly and approachable
- Resilient, able to multi-task and work independently / flexibly
- Adaptable, organised and conscientious
- Takes the initiative, ability to prioritise and meet deadlines
- Discreet, professional and team orientated in approach
- Excellent knowledge of tax and all types of compliance returns
- Strong technical tax knowledge across a broad range of taxes
- Good report writer and able to communicate across a spectrum of taxes
- Good working knowledge of general IT Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Social Media programmes
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with proven accuracy and an eye for detail
Terms / Benefits
- 36.25 hours / 5 days per week (flexible and hybrid working is available)
- Salary subject to experience and qualifications
- Annual salary review
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Death in service 3 x annual salary
- Access to Westfield Rewards and Health scheme
- 24-hour external Employee Assistance Programme helpline
- Flexible benefits including buy and sell holiday, payroll charitable giving, cycle to work and private medical insurance
- Introducing clients and staff commission schemes
- Pension 3% rising to 4% after 4 years’ service
Damia Group Limited acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers. By applying for this job you accept our Data Protection Policy which can be found on our website.
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person’s gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and ability to perform the duties of the job.
Damia Group is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy and in accordance to Conduct Regulations 2003.