ETL (SSIS)/SQL Server Developer – London – £50-67,000 base + 15% cash flex and bonus
We are seeking an ETL (SSIS)/SQL Server Developer with experience in creating new data extracts packages or modifying existing packages using SQL Server/ SSIS.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Interfacing with business clients to clarify business requirements for technical design.
- Building SSIS packages involving ETL process, extracting data from various flat files, Excel files, legacy systems and loading into SQL server.
- SSIS Advanced component experience required (transformation objects in data flow).
- Plan, coordinate, develop and support ETL processes including architecting table structure, building ETL process, documentation, and long-term preparedness.
- Implementing ETL Packages using Data Transformation Services (DTS) and SSIS 2005/2008.
- Writing complex Stored Procedures, User Defined Functions (UDFs), Triggers, Common Table Expressions (CTEs), Table Variables and Views.
- Tuning T-SQL queries (DDL, DML and DCL) to improve the database performance and availability.
- Objects creation such as Tables and Views, Table Normalization, User Created Data Types, User Profiles, Data Dictionaries, Data Integrity, Performance Tuning, Indexes and appropriate Triggers to facilitate efficient data manipulation and data consistency.
- Developing to those technical specifications candidates must display the ability to develop solutions which are able to be leveraged across multiple platforms.
- Documenting steps needed to migrate database objects between various. environments including Development, UAT, Staging, and Production.
- Ability to create new and modify existing reports and using Data Transformation Services (DTS).
- Remediation of issues found during testing candidates need to be problem solvers and troubleshoot existing code based on specifications provided.
- Providing Production support responsibilities for the existing SSIS Packages.
- Experience in IT work and building ETL, writing SQL, building tables, writing stored procedures.
- Experience with SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) 2005/2008.
- Experience in Database design and versed with SQL Server best practices.
- Exposure to OLAP, OLTP, Data warehouse, Data mart development, Fact and Dimensional Db. designs.
- Experience in writing complex queries, Stored Procedures using T -SQL.
- Experience with multiple operating systems, including Microsoft Windows.
- Experience supporting a production database warehouse environment.
- Excellent communications skills both verbal and written.
- Candidates must be able to operate in a fast paced environment with tight deadlines, and rapidly changing requirements.
- Candidates need to be critical thinkers who can connect the dots, and work innovatively and independently at a high level of productivity
- Experience in using Data Transformation Services (DTS) converting DTS packages to SSIS 2008.
- Experience in data validation, data cleansing, and mining is a plus.
- Must understand the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and be able to follow the process.
- Microsoft Team Foundation Server (TFS) knowledge preferred.
- Data warehouse experience is a plus.
Damia Group Limited acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers. By applying for this job you accept our Data Protection Policy which can be found on our website.
Damia Group is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.