**Senior IT Support Analyst (2nd/ 3rd line) – circa £45,000 per annum (+ extra payment for OOH) – Basingstoke**
We are recruiting a Senior level IT Support Analyst who can work across Infrastructure, Network, Desktop, telephony and Business Applications. Your role is to ensure, maintain and develop stable computer operations, supporting end users to accomplish business tasks. This includes receiving, prioritising, documenting and actively resolving end user help requests and incidents, escalating these when considered appropriate and necessary to maintain SLA expectations.
The role will also drive problem resolution which may involve the use of diagnostic and help request tracking tools, as well as require that the individual give in-person, hands-on help at application and desktop level.
Duties & responsibilities:
- Field, analyse and action incoming incidents and requests to the Service Desk via both telephone, e-mail and portal to ensure courteous, timely and effective resolution of end user issues.
- Deliver new user set up, access requests and authorization requests.
- Set up and support printer assets.
- Access software updates, drivers, knowledge bases, and FAQ resources on the Internet/Intranet to aid in incident resolution & problem resolution.
- Perform hands-on fixes at the desktop level, including installing and upgrading software, installing hardware, implementing file backups, and configuring systems and applications.
- Apply diagnostic utilities to aid in troubleshooting.
- Perform post-resolution follow ups to help requests.
- Document all pertinent end user identification information, including name, department, contact information and nature of the incident or request.
- Work and deliver to SLAs to manage end-user expectations.
- Assist in software releases and roll-outs and communication to the end users.
- Prioritize, schedule and resolve problems reducing reoccurring incidents. Escalate problem (when required) to the appropriately experienced technician.
- Record, track and document the service desk request problem-solving process, including all successful and unsuccessful decisions made, and actions taken, through to final resolution.
- Build rapport and elicit problem details from service desk customers.
- Deliver infrastructure related projects, including procurement, preparation, installation and deployment of assets.
- Monitor and resolve security related incidents and problems.
- Engage and work with required 3rd parties to deliver incident and problem resolution.
- Conduct Service Reviews with internal customers to ensure SLAs and customer satisfactions are being met.
- Work with business stakeholder to deliver IT support annual demand and budget planning.
- Plan, cost manage and deliver infrastructure related projects (installs and office kit outs)
- Engage and work with 3rd Parties to deliver infrastructure related projects.
- Contribute to technology roadmap and strategic planning.
- Where required manage/coach IT Support Analysts and manage 3rd parties on related projects
Essential skills and experience:
- Knowledge of basic computer hardware, including PC’s, Laptops, Tablets, Server & Networking.
- Experience with desktop and server operating systems, including Windows 7 & 10, server 2008 upwards.
- Application support experience with Office 365.
- Working knowledge of networks, printer and telephony technologies
- Working knowledge of a range of diagnostic utilities.
- Good background in Data Base design in Microsoft SQL and Access.
- Background in Microsoft .NET, Visual Basic, Excel, Word, Outlook and HTML.
Damia Group Limited acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers. By applying for this job you accept our Data Protection Policy which can be found on our website.
Damia Group is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.