Lead Software Engineer (C#)
Hybrid working based in Nottingham (1-2 days a week)
Up to £65,000 per annum
A global leader within the global financial markets infrastructure and data market is looking for a Lead Software Engineer specialising in C# – this role has a specific focus on matching for foreign exchange applications.
You will be responsible for the analysis, definition, design, construction, testing, installation, modification, and maintenance of properly engineered information systems, containing software as the major component, to meet agreed business needs.
- Lead routine projects with manageable risks and resource requirements
- Provide input to department objectives and goals of a sub-Business Unit or function
- Manage budgets for small projects or programs
- Advise middle management on functional matters, or on interpretation of policies and practices
- Train or mentor professional colleagues
- Make recommendations that may shape operational strategy
- Determine the nature of complex or undefined problems; independently identifies the best solution from many alternatives
- Strong software background with excellent knowledge of C#
- Experience of developing Excel add-ins or windows services
- Strong understanding of other roles within the function or Business Unit and how they are connected
- Adapts traditional approaches to solutions and applies in different circumstances
- Demonstrates mastery of a specific discipline across a range of related issues
- Solid grasp of object-oriented programming.
- Experience of unit testing
- Understanding of security implications and secure coding.
- Experience in agile methods of working
- Understanding of FIX / FIXSBE Protocols would be an advantage
Damia Group Limited acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers. By applying for this job you accept our Data Protection Policy which can be found on our website.
Damia Group is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.