Senior Java Software Engineer
Oracle, Java, Spring Boot, AWS
Salary: up to £80,000 plus 10% annual bonus
Location: London (3 days a week remote)
Are you presently working with Java and developing Microservices with Spring Boot in AWS? If so, read on!
A world-leading E-Commerce Software Solution is now looking for a candidate with solid software engineering experience particularly with Java, Spring Boot and AWS to join and become part of their plans for 2021. This role will see you focusing on greenfield projects. This international SaaS platform integrates with over 450 carriers and many of the world’s leading e-commerce software providers. They give their retail clients the platform to help consumers decide their delivery preference and track the parcel’s progress whilst also providing the retailer with intelligent smart decisions about how to send the parcel – all underpinned with lots of data. They work with well-known global retailers and major brands.
They have been growing over 20% year on year consistently over the past 5 years and are continuing with their ambitious growth plans. This means to you that career progression is always possible.
About the role:
- Designing, developing and supporting great Products in a DevOps environment
- Delivering API enabled components and microservices in AWS to the highest engineering standards
- End to end feature development on the Java technology platform
- Mentoring colleagues, learning and sharing deep engineering skills
- Using technology to solve business problems with creativity & innovation
- Employing the latest agile techniques to build fast, scalable, highly available and secure systems
- Providing technical leadership
- Championing automation of everything
- Delivering value to our business, our customer and ecommerce
- Set-up and monitoring alerts for applications and environments
- Data driven decision making
- Continuously improving the code base and removing technical debt
- Extensive experience of design, build and implementation of software solutions in AWS with an unwavering focus on quality
- Extensive experience of designing and delivering low latency and high throughput API fronted systems applying DDD principles
- A polyglot software engineer who is an expert at delivering software systems employing Agile, Lean and DevOps principles and able to lead the delivery of projects
- Writing automated tests (Unit, Integration…), pairing, improving code quality and Continuous Integration is in your DNA
- Employ monitoring, alerting and self-healing during design and development
- You believe that not employing Continuous Delivery is an opportunity lost to learn and deliver value to our customers
- You are passionate about the principle of complete team ownership, which covers the entire lifespan of the product and its constituent parts like code, infrastructure, out of hours support
- Using a different programming language or technology is an opportunity that you will not let you pass by
- Exploit the opportunities presented by data but also understand the pitfalls of inappropriate data management
- Plan and manage complex multi system rollouts with zero impact to Metapack’s customers operations
- Able to balance the demands of delivering high quality and demanding timescales
- Hold yourself accountable to delivering on your commitments
- Your every action demonstrates that collaboration is the best way to deliver awesome products
- Experience of developing build pipelines and infrastructure automation in the cloud using Terraform, Ansible, Chef, Puppet etc
- 25 days holiday (increasing based on length of service once you have been with us for 2 years), 10% bonus (paid quarterly), pension, enhanced maternity and paternity leave, group life insurance scheme, private medical healthcare
- Discounted gym membership, cycle to work scheme, interest free season ticket loan
- Breakfast, dinner, fresh fruit, snacks and drinks
- Hardware budget to let you get what you need
- Dynamic, open culture with lots of social activities
This is a fantastic opportunity for Senior Java Software Engineer to join an exciting company. If interested, then please apply today!
Oracle, Java, Spring Boot, AWS
Damia Group Limited acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers. By applying for this job you accept our Data Protection Policy which can be found on our website.
Damia Group is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.