Senior Database Engineer – MS SQL – .Net /C#
£53,500 – £65,000 + Benefits – Remote / London
We are looking for a Senior Database Developer / Engineer to join a team focusing on critical needs by our top customers that require tactical, on-the-spot, massively scalable solutions. Ideally with experience of MS SQL Database Development and support and coding skills in .Net / C#.
This is an opportunity to join one of the fastest growing B2B software companies in the world whose software platform is revolutionizing how organizations build and deliver business-transforming applications. This is currently remote based however when things improve will require being onsite in London 2-3 days a week.
What exactly will you be doing?
- Understanding customer needs and how these can be solved using current solutions or solutions that need to be created, in a multidisciplinary team where your skills complement other team members’;
- Develop early capabilities in the solutions to tackle customer needs, anticipating the product roadmap and shortening time-to-market;
- Working with other R&D teams in the integration of these solutions with existing code & technology;
- Working with Support and Knowledge teams ensuring that customers and internal teams are fully autonomous in overcoming whatever challenges may come of the use of the solutions you develop;
- Last-line troubleshoot of complex incidents created by the solutions developed in your team;
- Be a key stakeholder in the incorporation of these solutions in the longer-term roadmap and vision.
Minimum Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor or Master Degree in Computer Science or similar;
- 3+ years of experience in databases (SQL Server, Oracle, Aurora), from a development perspective (building & optimizing queries) and from an administration point of view (setup, optimization, fine-tuning, monitoring & troubleshooting);
- Experience in troubleshooting and debugging distributed systems where symptoms may show up on the database but be a consequence of a problem elsewhere – awareness of the world outside of the database is a must!
Valued Qualifications and Skills – Highly Desirable :
- Experience with OutSystems (development, devops, or sysops);
- Experience with AWS technologies – including EC2, RDS, VPC, CloudWatch, CloudTrail, CloudFront, CloudFormation. Similar experience with other cloud providers valued;
- Experience within software development or operations/support.
- Programming skills in at least one high-level programming language (C++, Python, Java, C#, etc.);
- Experience with web/mobile app development & troubleshooting (Cordova, React, ObjectiveC, HTML5, JS, CSS, etc.);
- Experience with monitoring and troubleshooting complex distributed systems;
- Experience in designing resilient and fault-tolerant systems.
You will like this role if you:
- Wake up eager to solve the next challenge. You get thrilled brainstorming with other colleagues and getting to elegant and simple solutions for complex problems?
- Have a proactive and “get-things-done” attitude, even when working with uncertainty. We are solving top challenges and 80/20 is not just a buzzword – it’s how you know you’re doing the right thing!
- Like to solve the puzzle. Completely understanding the problem with its ramifications and only then realizing how to solve it the simplest way possible. Skip a few steps and you may end up going down a rabbit hole that doesn’t really add value anywhere.
- Want to make a difference. Your work will be used directly by our customers in fast delivery cycles, and you’ll immediately see the value they get. And as in all product organizations, you’re contributing to the vision and capabilities in the long run.
- Get excited about technology. We constantly look for the best way to solve new & old problems, so expect to explore the state-of-the-art for whatever domain you’re working on.
Damia Group Limited acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers. By applying for this job you accept our Data Protection Policy which can be found on our website.
Damia Group is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.