IT PM/ Scrum Master – Glasgow – 6 months – £400-450 per day – Inside IR35
Experienced IT Project Manager / Scrum Master to provide project management for a variety of Technology orientated projects.
Working on a variety of new and exciting Projects, the successful candidate will lead the IT work stream and ensure that the IT Project Team work within the defined Software Delivery Lifecycle (SDLC) process to deliver on time, to budget and to agreed quality standards.
The IT PM will work cross functionally with all IT work streams, covering various locations, to develop, direct and manage the IT Project Plan and manage the team’s performance of project tasks through to completion. Additionally the PM will be expected to plan and schedule releases, identify project resource requirements, manage and mitigate risks and issues, manage scope changes and manage project communications and status updates.
The successful candidate must have experience of delivering IT change within an Agile environment.
- Responsible for overall delivery, coordination, status reporting and management of complex and cross-functional IT project oriented work efforts
- Ensure IT project stream is delivered on time, within budget, and meets quality standards and customer expectations
- Creation and maintenance of IT project plans that communicates tasks, milestones, status, key task dependencies and resource allocations
- Management of all project change requests, performing full impact analysis on project scope, timelines and budget
- Management of Risks and Issues through the Software Deliver Lifecycle
- Tracking key project milestones and adjusting project plans and/or resources to meet the project goals
- Evaluating progress, negotiating and communicating key milestones changes with the overall project/program manager
- Ensuring Project Team’s adherence to the IT Delivery process by following defined SDLC and governance processes
- Manages IT Business analysts, systems analysts, software designers and programmers to determine the best methods to achieve the projects objectives and customer requirements
- Responsible for management of one or more concurrent projects and directing one or more project teams
- Identifies needs and requests staff and budget resources required to achieve project objectives
- Works with appropriate IT works streams to coordinate systems testing, installation, and support. Co-ordinates delivery of the production releases ensuring quality assurance standards are met
- Facilitating Scrum team ceremonies including Story Grooming, Sprint Planning, Release Planning, Sprint Retrospective, Sprint Demo, Product Backlog Review, Scrum of Scrums, and Sprint Demos
- Responsible for Scrum team performance including the team’s commitments and quality
- Orchestrates all aspects of Sprint delivery, including analysis, design, development, testing, and deployment activities
- Directly drives all committed user stories and defects through completion during the Sprints. Drives reprioritization of stories/scope to keep releases on track
- Eliminates team blockers to ensure the team can remain focused on the task at hand and be able to achieve the task successfully in a timely manner
- Monitor internal and external dependencies and work with others to have a strategy around dependencies
- Champion process improvements within the scrum teams based on lessons learned and retrospectives
- Must possess extensive knowledge and expertise in the use of Project Management methodologies and tools. Typically has 5-7years of software delivery experience, including 3 years of project management
- Must have experience of delivering within an Agile framework, acting as Scrum Master and knowledge of all other roles and processes within an Agile delivery.
- A proven track record within the project management field, with a particular emphasis on technology orientated projects
- Experience of leading cross-functional teams to deliver a defined set of outcomes and objectives
- Ability to run concurrent projects and be able to handle changing priorities
- Experience of leading teams through all phases of the SDLC to ensure successful delivery of high quality technical solutions
- Demonstrable experience of forging successful relationships with stakeholders with the ability to push back and maintain a structured process
- Strong leadership capability where the candidate has experience of communicating, influencing and engaging staff, peers and stakeholders in the delivery of projects
- Delivering well-structured communication both orally, in writing or through delivery of presentations. Also used to liaising with senior management and other stakeholders clearly and concisely
- Sound technical acumen
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Focused and Organised
- Able to work independently or as part of a team
- Able to work to tight timelines and under pressure
- Flexible and adaptable
- Positive attitude
- Strong leader who is able to positively influence others
- Negotiation skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related discipline
- Knowledge of, qualifications and/or certifications in industry standard project and programme management methodologies such as PMP, Prince2 or Agile
- A member of a recognised project and programme management institute/professional body
Damia Group Limited acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers. By applying for this job you accept our Data Protection Policy which can be found at www.damiagroup.com
Damia Group is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.