Project Manager – London or South Based/Hybrid – Defence – £60k to £85k + Bonus & Car Allowance
We are looking for Project Managers to join a major Defence Consultancy to work on some exciting projects within the Defence Sector.
Due to the nature of the role, candidates must be SC Cleared or Clearable to work on the Defence Projects.
Summary of the Project Manager Role
This specific role will involve leading technical engineering and consulting teams working on data and digital technologies, therefore successful applicants will need to be able to blend the general project management skills detailed below with a foundation level of engineering background to be able to understand enough about the project they are leading and communicate effectively with the engineering team. Successful applicants will also need to be experienced in delivering projects using Agile methodologies.
- Mobilise and build required capability including the best available resources on contract award, maintaining this approach throughout project execution, providing leadership to project and programme-based staff, with management of suppliers, subcontractors and associates where required.
- Build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders (external and internal customers) and actively manage the customer’s expectations through appropriate communications, reporting, assurance and governance.
- Shape and plan the project, including the overall schedule and governance with selection and/or application of appropriate methodologies, processes and tools; refining and enhancing the project schedule, resources, estimates and costs to complete and the execution against an agreed schedule, milestones and cost baseline.
- Demonstrate pro-active management of internal and external key project controls including (but not limited to) RAID, financials (including margin, forecast costs to complete, technical and management contingency, revenue and capital cost), quality, scope and schedule performance, ensuring delivery of the agreed scope against the agreed contract, acceptance criteria, SLAs and change requests.
- Continually refine and enhance the project schedule, resources, estimates and costs to complete and the execution against an agreed schedule and cost baseline.
- Support to the sales and account management team in renewals, extensions and business development cross-selling opportunities.
- Close down of the project at the end of an engagement, including personal performance reviews, project lessons learned and harvesting of reusable collateral (i.e., improved propositions, updated processes, reusable modules).
- Identify, assess and manage risks to the success of the project and take appropriate action.
- Prepare realistic project and quality plans and track activities against the plans, providing regular and accurate reports to senior project managers and stakeholders as appropriate.
- Monitor costs, timescales and resources used, and take action where these deviate from agreed budget or agreed task contingency within their work-stream or project area.
- Ensure that own projects are formally closed and, where appropriate, subsequently reviewed, and that lessons learned are recorded.
- Provide effective leadership to the delivery team and suppliers and takes appropriate action where team performance deviates from agreed tolerances.
- Act as a primary point of contact for the client and has day to day accountability for the services and solution being provided.
- Experience working on Defence Projects will be a distinct advantage.
Damia Group Limited acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers. By applying for this job you accept our Data Protection Policy which can be found on our website.
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person’s gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and ability to perform the duties of the job.
Damia Group is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy and in accordance to Conduct Regulations 2003.