Process Engineer – 6-months – Alloa 5 days per week on-site – £39 per hour (inside IR35)
This role reports to the Maturation Engineering Operations Manager. The role has no direct reports
The prime function of this role is to:
- Implement a process safety within design programme across Maturation ensuring full alignment with category, geographic and Global policy.
- Determines best practice for Process Safety within the Maturation footprint
- Owns 10-year Improvement Plan and holds Operations Managers to account for their performance
- Support Operational teams on sites to deliver Improvement Programmes
- Leverage new technologies to continuously drive process safety improvements and achieve business unit goals
- Plan and develop performance standards, frameworks and capabilities to meet scorecard targets, aligned with the company Strategy.
- Oversee controls to assure compliance with applicable regulatory and legal requirements as well as good business practices
- Gatekeeper for quality control on process safety hazard analysis methodologies such as HAZOP, Process Risk Assessments (PRA) and process safety elements of management of change (MOC)
- Mitigate technical risks through support of projects to drive the best outcome for the company
- Gate keeper for engineering design and ensure that modifications at a site level are in line with category, geographic and Global process safety standards.
- Work closely with the Process Safety Risk Manager to support and influence protocols and standards
- Gatekeeper for technical element within process safety capability documentation
- Competency assessor for Process safety technical capability programme within Malt Distilling
The significance of this role is as a strategic partner, with an objective to develop and drive a local agenda which aligns to the wider company strategy, policy and programs, which are identified as a business priority.
Entry Level Requirements – Capabilities, Skills & Experience:
- Recognised degree level qualification in an appropriate technical discipline – MEng Chemical Engineering or equivalent
- NEBOSH Qualification preferred (or willing to work towards)
- Overall, good knowledge of governance legislation and standards.
- Demonstrated an ability to meet management performance standards.
- Experience of working with process safety in a continuous process industry.
- Proactive in identifying opportunities to continually improve the site operations processes and prepared to actively participate in the change process.
- Active in supporting systems for implementing best demonstrated practice.
- Great engagement and communication skills
- Strong coaching and influencing skills across a range of stakeholders for success
- At least 5 years’ experience with a good understanding of key business area processes and governance priorities that apply
- Full Driving Licence
- Responsible for supporting execution of company standards, policies & procedures & code of conduct
- Provide leadership and coaching to operational teams on meeting company standards and targets.
- Champions the Risk Footprint for Business Area and supports business area to prioritise and mitigate risk
- In conjunction with relevant Operations Directors set performance targets, develop plans to meet those targets and oversee their delivery.
- Ensure that any improvements implemented are standardised and sustained within operational teams.
- Partner with Technical experts & support teams for delivery of Improvement Projects
- Operate as part of an in
Skills: integrated D&M Technical Team, managing expectations and escalating issues as required.
- Engage with the Daily Operational Review meetings (Tier 1,2,3) to provide expert analysis of performance and improvement opportunities.
- Responsible for delivery of Process Safety Improve Agenda
- Undertake in-house capability training and awareness programmes for managers and operators to meet development needs
Excellence in Supply Chain:
Upholds Standards – The role holder will be expected to champion Governance standards, apply them effectively in their role and adhere to them at all times.
Performance Management – The role holder will understand the importance of KPIs in driving performance; know how to track their targets and correct as appropriate.
Continuous Improvement – the role holder will be expected to be flexible and embrace change, continually looking for ways to improve everything they do. They will use various continuous improvement tools and techniques to solve problems. They will also be expected to support the relationship with the following key external stakeholders: suppliers, contractors, external audit, external governmental agencies, key internal stakeholders Leadership Capabilities:
Win through Execution – Lead bold execution in a fast moving world
Inspire through Purpose – Amplify our purpose internally and externally
Shape the Future – Create focus and ownership for shaping the companies future ambition
Invest in Talent – Harness the full extent of the companies talent and diversity
Damia Group Limited acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers. By applying for this job you accept our Data Protection Policy which can be found on our website.
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person’s gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and ability to perform the duties of the job.
Damia Group is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy and in accordance to Conduct Regulations 2003.