£100,000 – £150,000
London – Hybrid
Job Description Summary
This is an exciting opportunity to join a highly skilled and experienced cross-divisional team to deliver on the multi-year Index Refactoring Programme. It is a hugely transformational programme of work to deliver a state-of-the-art Platform for Index business which includes the well-known brand FTSE Russell. This programme will not only transform the Technology estate but also the Business and how it operates. The main objective is to provide an environment that improves time to market and reduces friction in the product development process.
As a principal developer within the index platform team this role will be accountable for the delivery of platform and services focussed on Index management and operation. These tools are central to target state index platform and achieving strategic objectives of FTSE Russell Index business.
As a software engineering specialist the Principal Developer for Index Management will be responsible for defining and developing the software architecture to implement solutions within the overall solution architecture. This role will act as a technical design authority to provide expertise in software architecture and design, in ensuring the highest standards of software quality and improving team efficiency through innovation and automation.
- Assessing high level requirements and architecture specification and create a detailed software architecture/design.
- Effectively communicate solutions and designs to architects, developers and business stakeholders
- Act as the bridge between developers and architecture and ensure the implementation of scalable and sustainable solutions
- Oversee and participate in the implementation of technical designs including writing excellent quality production code.
- Lead and mentor developers of all levels of experience in good software design, coding and modern SDLC, CI and DevOps practices
- Work with business and IT Leadership to understand technology and business strategy and elaborate the use cases and target state requirements for automation
- Responsible for assessing requirements, driving solution definition, leading test-driven development and implementation
- Act as the primary tech point of contact on the relevant streams of work for all internal and external stakeholders
- Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or Electronics / Electrical Engineering, or equivalent
- Significant experience in software development methodologies and Agile based delivery
- Confident in technical discussions at all levels to ensure that high level architecture is correct and design principles are consistently adhered in implementation
- Deep knowledge and experience in programming languages, core Java 11+
- Experience in user interface and database development
- Deep understanding and proven experience in software architecture – design and principles, modularity, principles to micro service architecture
- Proven experience in test driven development – unit, component, integration and automation to support modern DevOps principles
- Deep understanding of object orientated programming and design patterns and their application
- Keen interest in technology
- Experience in AWS or Azure preferred
Damia Group Limited acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers. By applying for this job you accept our Data Protection Policy which can be found on our website.
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person’s gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and ability to perform the duties of the job.
Damia Group is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy and in accordance to Conduct Regulations 2003.