Payments Business Analyst – Wimbledon – £55,000 – £65,000 + 20% bonus + 10% pension
Payments Business Analyst – systems integration – software delivery – agile – instant payments – ISO 20022 – UML diagram – sequence diagram – state diagram – User Stories – Payment Schemes – SCT Inst – SEPA – FPS – RTGS – BACS – CHAPS – SWIFT
Payments Business Analyst to join our ground-breaking real-time payments processing engine as part of the Instant Payments Team. We need someone with a detailed real-world understanding of retail payment systems gained in a bank or similar financial institution. Experience with instant payments is highly desirable.
The BA will work in the Product Team and will take ownership of detailed analysis for specific features of the product.
Defining the required functionality will involve liaison with end users, CSMs, and other 3rd parties, so the candidate must be client-facing with excellent communication skills. This is a hands-on role in a fast-moving environment, and the candidate must demonstrate initiative and drive while also remaining a team player.
- Conduct detailed analysis for User Stories provided by a Product Owner
- Work closely with the development team to explain and elaborate stories, and ensure that the acceptance criteria are clearly and unambiguously stated
- Support the team through development, providing domain expertise as required
With background experience in payments or enterprise scale software engineering projects. You will also be adept at working in customer facing roles. The foundation experiences that will be likely to underpin future success are:
- Detailed practical experience of multiple retail Payment Schemes – SCT Inst, SEPA, FPS, RTGS BACS, CHAPS, SWIFT etc.
- In-depth understanding of ISO20022 payment messages and the usage of specific fields within those messages
- Awareness of industry initiatives impacting the Payments environment
- Use of UML diagrams including Sequence Diagrams and State Diagrams using a modelling tool (or Visio)
- Creation and elaboration of User Stories using industry best practices
- Proven experience of payment or software delivery projects
- Experience of working in a Kanban or Scrum software development environment, always focusing on delivery of business value
- Excellent analytical skills and a passion for the detail – the candidate must demonstrate an ability to logically divide up a problem, identify and resolve contradictions and ambiguities
In addition to the above, the following background experience would be highly beneficial:
- Consultancy/ customer facing experiences within a software vendor or enterprise scale services environment
- Financial Services domain knowledge with practical experience of mobilising technology to meet the market dynamics affecting the financial services domain (Risk / Cost / Customer)
- Pre-sales experience and comfort engaging with clients to demonstrate capability and understand requirements
- Travel Profile: Potential for occasional travel to client meetings (expensed)
- Applicants must have the right to live and work in the European Union and will be required to partake in pre-employment background checking
Payments Business Analyst – systems integration – software delivery – agile – instant payments – ISO 20022 – UML diagram – sequence diagram – state diagram – User Stories – Payment Schemes – SCT Inst – SEPA – FPS – RTGS
Damia Group Limited acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers. By applying for this job you accept our Data Protection Policy which can be found at www.damiagroup.com
Damia Group is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.