Lead Business Data Analyst – Insurance – ideally London but other locations in the UK can be considered – £65-85k base plus 15% flex pot which can be taken as cash plus bonus
Our client, a leading consulting firm require an experienced Business Data Analyst with Technical /Management skills in business intelligence, data warehousing, reporting and analytics. The person will apply his / her P&C Insurance industry expertise to help our clients derive value from their internal and external sources of data. This person must be able to engage with business and IT stakeholders to derive requirements for insurance data warehousing and reporting solutions and to work with the development teams to translate those requirements into accurate Software Specifications. Furthermore, they will have to be able to clearly articulate their approach and deliverables to potential clients.
- Identify, own, and manage the end to end requirements for large data analytics projects ensuring traceability throughout the course of projects and facilitating their discussion, confirmation, and approval.
- Provide expertise in applying agile principles and creating product backlog, defining epics, features, and user stories, and aligning overall program delivery scope in multiple sprints/releases.
- Capture, define, prioritize, document, and explain data, process, functional, technical, non-function, architectural, and reporting requirements for modern data analytics systems, including driving creation, improvement, and documentation of business analysis processes.
- Expertise in creating clear and detailed documentation by synthesizing business specifications to functional specifications in the form of User Stories, process flows, use cases, data mappings etc.
- Initiate and maintain client relationships; anticipate and identify client issues/concerns and propose appropriate solutions; and supervise and review the work of junior business and technical analysts.
- Strong business judgment, leadership and integrity: He/she should be a tenacious decision maker, able to bring a healthy, aggressive, yet responsible approach to business problem.
- Understands business processes, gathers and documents project requirements and translates them into functional and non-functional specifications for BI reports and applications
- Participate in technical design sessions, working with technical resources, to provide insight during solution development; provide inputs in creation of project plan, architecture design, build and testing artifacts.
- Identifies data quality issues and supports data governance initiatives by participating in necessary activities including data profiling
- Comfortable liaising with senior client personnel to establish requirements and discuss potential development strategies
- 7 – 12 years of experience in delivering wide range of data and reporting solutions across Insurance Industry
- Excellent communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills.
- Should have expert level P&C Insurance (policy and claims) knowledge. Good to have knowledge of Azure.
- Proven analytic skills, including mining, evaluation, analysis, and visualization.
- Prior experience with database and model design and segmentation techniques.
- Ability to query SQL DB and analyse results.
- Experience in using Confluence, Jira, ADO and Microsoft Office suite.
- Strong stakeholder management experience. Must be able to navigate a complex and challenging stakeholder landscape.
- Experience in the Information Technology industry with recent experience of client facing Business Intelligence reporting and analysis development.
- Experience of the data warehouse development cycle from user requirements definition through design, development, testing and implementation.
Damia Group Limited acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers. By applying for this job you accept our Data Protection Policy which can be found on our website.
Damia Group is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.