**IT Site Services & Desktop Engineer (Hybrid role) – up to £220 per day (inside IR35) – Mobile role covering North England – offices in York and Leeds – 3 month rolling contract**
We are recruiting a contract IT site set up and 2nd line engineer to join a construction company on a contract basis. This will be a mobile role but being local the York or Leeds would be the ideal. You will be responsible for the effective delivery of all IT related services to construction sites and offices including the provision of 2nd line support to business users.
Role 1 – IT Site Services: will involve capturing and evaluating the business requirements, working with the IT Infrastructure team to recommend suitable solutions and identify any associated costs and approvals needed prior to managing the end-to-end deliverables.
You will then liaise with asset and configuration management in order for assets to be assigned to the correct business unit & project code ensuring appropriate licenced software is also included carrying out laptop, desktop & mobile device replacements.
Role 2 – Desktop Engineer: 2nd line support to business users, where the service desk has progressed the respective incident or request as far as they can. Services range from Wide Area Networks (WANs), Local Area Networks (LANs), Internet connectivity and Wifi as well as telephony and audio/visual solutions
Skills and experience:
- Knowledge of IT Networks, Telephony, Video conferencing and Audio and Visual solutions & Mobile devices
- Knowledge of Microsoft products, AD and Enterprise desktop builds
- Previous experience of technical support in an IT discipline
- Experience of coordinating the replacement of desktop computers & mobile devices
- Previous experience of engagement with Senior Management
- Qualification in a related technical discipline (Computer Studies / Engineering) (HNC/ HND preferable)
- ITIL v3 Foundation certificate is preferable
- Good analytical skills – logical fault finding and troubleshooting capability
- Ability to quickly learn new technical solutions
- Managing 3rd Parties (Suppliers etc)
- Managing risk assessments and method statements for onsite work.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Excellent time management with self-motivation
Damia Group Limited acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers. By applying for this job you accept our Data Protection Policy which can be found on our website
Damia Group is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.