**Infrastructure Network Technical Architect – MUST HAVE ACTIVE SC CLEARANCE – circa £500/ day – 3 month rolling contract – Scotland**
As an Infrastructure Network Technical Architect you will be an SME in telecommunications, able to define, validate and provide cost solutions for projects and bids for customer requirements. Daily responsibilities could include creating design documentation (Low Level Design-LLD, High Level Design-HLD), cost estimates, bids, pre-sales support and best practice documentation on the network element of designs, transitions and implementations.
You must offer demonstrable and in-depth expertise in network design, particularly across IT infrastructure environments. Previous design experience of LAN, WAN and broad experience on a range of Firewalls (including Cisco, Fortigate, CheckPoint and Palo Alto) are critical.
As well as expertise in multiple network disciplines, experience creating design documentation (Low Level Design-LLD, High Level Design-HLD), network automations, mitigating risk, working to documentation standards, disaster recovery and network solution governance should form the basis of a suitable profile.
The successful candidate will work on their own initiative, liaising with change requestors to achieve client deadlines and demonstrate client facing, customer service skills. The role offers career progression pathway to a Senior Network Engineer role involved with more complex projects and new business transitions, contributing to the network design.
- Strong familiarity and subject matter expertise in relation to Switches, Routers, Firewalls, Change Control, Implementation, Documentation
- Ideally relevant qualifications and sufficient experience in relation to the above
- LAN/WAN / Firewalls / CCNA.
- Experienced in Telecoms implementation.
- Advanced Cisco IOS skills & experience
- Strong familiarity with a wide range of Firewall vendors (Cisco ASA, Checkpoint, Fortinet, Palo Alto, McAfee)
- Strong understanding of TCP/IP, sub-netting, IP address allocation & management
- Strong understanding of ITIL and change management methodology
- WAN installation/migration experience
Damia Group Limited acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers. By applying for this job you accept our Data Protection Policy which can be found on our website
Damia Group is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.