Software Front End Developer
We are looking for a software engineer with front end experience to work closely with one of our key clients in developing software applications, to help them visualise and manage real time mission data. The role will be joining an existing team of our engineers that have been working with this client for two years so the successful candidate will have support from the team, in learning about the new domain and working day-to-day, both in person and virtually over secure networks. The team works in an Agile way as is common with software teams these days.
This role will be primarily based on client side, so candidates will need to be willing to regularly travel to client locations in Herefordshire or Hampshire but otherwise this will be a Hybrid role working from home.
- Produces or validates the schedule and effort estimate for each task they perform
- Demonstrates an understanding of the importance of schedule and will endeavour to estimate accurately and deliver according to those estimates
- Demonstrates skill and adeptness in team collaboration, technical discussion and negotiation.
- Continually increase personal understanding of the languages, frameworks, technical concepts, methods and measurements that underpin the Engineering disciplines and practices of our client.
- Demonstrates the ability to understand, challenge, contribute or construct software specification and is capable of building software in line with the specifications
- Exploits appropriate software development methods, languages, libraries and techniques and applies these to software engineering tasks to realise the most effective outcome
- Ensures that all work is consistent with defined standards where standards exist and to withstand professional scrutiny in any case
- Ensures that high quality and delivery standards are met and consistently delivers quality code on time and within estimate.
- Demonstrates the ability to reflect on and improve personal performance
- Works as a member of a development team, collaborates with other team members and participates in technical discussions and conversations with customers.
- Designs, codes, tests, corrects, and documents moderately complex programs and program modifications from supplied specifications, using agreed standards and tools
- Conducts reviews of supplied specifications, with others as appropriate
- Overcomes development obstacles to deliver quality code on time
- Demonstrates high quality standards in the delivery of thorough unit testing of code
- Collaborates and negotiates with team members to produce a seamless integration of code into the solution
Front End Development:
- Experience working with customers to understand requirements and create wireframes for potential user interfaces
- Comfortable creating custom image assets (icons, logos etc)
- Nice to have experience with Cypress and or Espresso testing frameworks
This role will require you to have or be willing to go through Security Clearance.
Damia Group Limited acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers. By applying for this job you accept our Data Protection Policy which can be found on our website.
Damia Group is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.