Engineering Manager – (Defence)
Contract (9 months)
£650 p/d (Inside IR35)
Must be SC cleared
My Client are looking for an experienced Agile engineering manager to join the technical leadership team. The programme has been running for a number of years and has already successfully deployed their systems to two large military platforms with features such as software-defined datacentres, cloud-services, electronic cyber-security, minimised size/weight/power, resilience, ruggerdisation, open-source exploitation, and full orchestration.
- Successfully leading differing project, product, professional services and bespoke engineering projects to agreed project commitments;
- Ensures the consistency and alignment of the Design
- Ensure their delivery is aligned to prevalent KPIs
- Determine the level of risk associated with any shortfall in the maturity of the solution and the expectations of the Business’ Tailoring of the Engineering Lifecycle and devises a plan to mitigate this risk;
- Be responsible and accountable for the engineering impact on time, cost and quality;
- Management of resources in order to plan, estimate and carry out programmes;
- Ensure all Engineering is carried out in accordance with appropriate standards, methods and procedures;
- Determines the approach to maturity management and ensure maturity targets are agreed with key stakeholders;
- Ensuring that corporate policies, procedures and standards are utilised appropriately;
- Improving the quality of engineering teams, by focusing on process definition, management, assurance, repeatability and measurement;
- Support continuous improvement by investigating research on alternative technologies, tools and methods;
- Provides support, mentoring and assurance to projects that are classified up to High in Assurance terms.
- Highly desired :Agile Software Development background, Understanding of software defined data centres
Damia Group Limited acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers. By applying for this job you accept our Data Protection Policy which can be found on our website
Damia Group is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.