Electronics Test Technician
Contact- Initial 3 months
SC Clearance required
£350-400 per day
I am recruiting for an Electronics Test Techniacian to work with a great Gloibal Defence company based in Guildford.
*SC Clearance Required*
What the job involves
• Integrating, configuring and testing electronic products
• Maintenance of test specifications and procedures
• Configuring computer systems and ATE, including oscilloscopes, signal generators, spectrum analysers (training will be required for all specialist operations!)
• Ensuring the correct test equipment and tools are available, fit for purpose and calibrated
• Undertaking fault diagnosis, typically with support from senior engineers
• Ensuring our production environment is safe and that operations are carried out in a safe and controlled manner
• Identifying and recommending opportunities for process improvement and cost-efficiency
• Tracking and reporting status to Engineering Managers
• Carrying out ad-hoc assignments when required and being adaptable to changing project demands
Desirable skills and experience
• Educated to Level 3 (ONC or equivalent) in Electrical/Electronic Engineering or able to demonstrate relevant practical engineering experience working in a live electronics production environment
• Familiarity with electronic components and their in-circuit functionality.
• Understanding of electronic principles, circuit diagrams, assembly drawings, BoMs and test specifications.
• Operation of electronic test equipment (oscilloscopes, spectrum analysers, network analysers, function generators, etc.).
• Experience interacting with computer systems running Linux
• IT literate and proficient in the use of Microsoft Word and Excel.
• Self-driven with an enthusiastic approach and a willingness to continue to learn and develop your technical skills
• Good written and verbal communication skills
Damia Group Limited acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers. By applying for this job you accept our Data Protection Policy which can be found on our website.
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person’s gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and ability to perform the duties of the job.
Damia Group is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy and in accordance to Conduct Regulations 2003.