DV Cleared – Transition Manager – ITSM
St Ives – Cambridgeshire – 9 months+ -£688 per day Inside IR35
Transition Manager to join an experienced team supporting our client evaluating the transition element of a number of bids, input to negotiations for the bidders’ transition plans, then producing the client element of the final transition plan and subsequent co-ordination of the implementation of the final agreed Transition plan from the client perspective.
The Transition Manager for ITSM will cover multiple areas including:
- Initial Transition Planning: for the client side of the joint ITSM support organisation. To include development of high-level plans for ITSM activities;
- Transition Negotiation: preparation for and support to the lead negotiator on items for negotiation with 4 bidders with a specific focus on the evaluation of initial proposals for Transition from the contractors, aligned with authority intent
- Full Transition Planning – following selection of preferred bidder. Readiness for Authority transition. Assist the ITSM Project Delivery team in creation of the relevant Quality Management System documents related to Service Operations and Governance (Supplier Handover Document, Capacity Plan, Availability plan, Escalation paths etc.);
- Transition Management: working collaboratively with the appointed contractor to deliver swift service transition and ensure risk to service disruption is minimised;
- Service Acceptance: ensuring all services released by the ITSM contractor meet the agreed criteria and operate effectively.
- Production of the Authority element of a P-ITSM Transition into service plan; Evaluation of transition element of 3 P-ITSM bids & Input to negotiations for 3 bidder transition plans;
- Co-ordination of the Implementation of the final agreed Transition plan from an authority perspective.
- Take the lead in ensuring that all aspects of service transition are driven through to delivery; Design, implement & maintain robust transition plan(s) taking into consideration any business activities required to integrate the new provider into the ‘business as usual’ environment;
- Engage with all parties as required to complete production and approval of all service transition documentation; Determine the readiness levels of the authority and the exiting supplier with regard to upcoming changes;
- Uncover readiness gaps and own action plans to close the gaps prior to “ITSM Day 1”; Assess risks inherent in proposed transitions, to ensure any potential scheduling and performance issues have minimum impact on provision of other services;
- Ensure all relevant functions are fully engaged in the process and committed to supply resources to complete the transition plan; First point of escalation for any Transition issues or problems raised by the current or future supplier or the business; Arbitrate in situations of conflict; Seek out and tackle issues that will prevent the delivery of business benefits linked to service transition.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills e.g. PowerPoint decks and presentation thereof; Facilitation skills – ability to hold audience and adapt tone as required; Resilience and tenacity in getting the job done;
- Influencing and collaboration skills; Project management skills, and ability to prioritise own deadlines, and adapt to changing priorities and timelines quickly and easily; Excellent stakeholder management, at all levels.
- Strong transition experience in a transformation environment – required to plan, manage risk and dependencies; Ideally experience of establishing an IT Service Management organisation or working within one at contract start;
- Experience in managing transformation and transition driven change in a complex business, key focus on anticipating and managing and project/transition risks;
- Shared services set up/optimisation experience; Team management and motivation experience;
- Supply side experience of Service Delivery / IT Service Management; Ability to negotiate with multiple bidders; ITIL qualified (preferably expert).
Damia Group Limited acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers. By applying for this job you accept our Data Protection Policy which can be found on our website
Damia Group is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.