DevOps Engineer – Remote – 3 months+ – outside IR35
International Markets have established solid foundations for delivering a DevOps capability, which has developed within our European businesses.
The DevOps Engineer has a fantastic opportunity to help bring the benefits of DevOps to a wider audience throughout Europe, APAC and North America. Key to our ongoing success is a growth mindset and understanding the value of culture over tooling, as well as outcomes over output.
We develop in multiple cloud platforms (Public and Private), traditional DataCentres and Salesforce, so the DevOps Engineer will need to be an application or infrastructure SME in at least one of these areas, with the ability to upskill quickly in the others as required.
- Supporting teams in their adoption of DevOps: Tell me; Show me; Involve me
- Supporting and driving a culture of continuous improvement and quality engineering principles across Internation Markets
- Contributing to DevOps Strategy and Roadmap
- Enhancing capabilities of International Markets DevOps tooling
- Supporting International Markets Global DevOps tooling consolidation
- Designing best practises and patterns to encourage consistency and reuse through International Markets while meeting compliance requirements
- Collaborating with Enterprise CoEs where appropriate to share practises/solutions and identify potential practises/solutions for reuse
Skills and Experience
- A growth mindset
- Experience working within an Agile environment
- In depth experience with Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) and associated tooling (source control, pipelines etc)
- Comfortable with either Windows or Linux system command line management (preferably both)
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code
- Understands the ‘why’ of DevOps and is able to communicate the benefits to people at all levels
- Strong scripting skills (Python, powershell or go)
- Exposure to testing frameworks
- Exposure to Salesforce
- Exposure to Cloud
- Exposure to Azure DevOps or TFS
- Organized and structured approach with the ability to co-ordinate and manage multiple moving parts.
- Ability to communicate with stakeholders including Environment Management, Test Management, Infrastructure Management, Application Developers etc
- Ability to estimate work effort required
- Ability to work and communicate remotely, in an international and multi-cultural environment.
Damia Group Limited acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers. By applying for this job you accept our Data Protection Policy which can be found at www.damiagroup.com
Damia Group is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.