Cloud Programme Manager – Gloucestershire (mix of remote/office base)
Competitive Base + Benefits
Fantastic opportunity to be sponsored through the DV Clearance process however preference will be given to candidates with an exsisiting DV or SC clearance. The role will be remote until the DV is obtained and then mostly onsite. To obtain DV you must be a Bristish National with a living parent resident in the UK and have lived in the UK for the last 10 years.
Our client, a leading Systems Integrator, is looking to hire a Cloud Platform pProgramme Manager to lead the delivery of the change portfolio within the Cloud Platform scope. The role requires the planning, tracking, and oversight for cloud projects of up to large size and complexity delivering capability to the client in accordance with their technical roadmap for in scope Cloud platforms.
The role demands a flexible and pragmatic approach to working across security classification boundaries and the associated constraints therein. Credibility and attention to detail are vital in building trusted relationships with a client who operate in a dynamic and exacting environment.
The role requires production of programme artefacts and updates to regular client facing governance and progress meetings. The programme manager oversees programme resources to achieve cost, performance, and quality objectives of the company and client. Ensures projects are completed on-schedule and within budget.
The candidate will be driving a key client growth area and will need to build a trusted relationship with the client’s technical and delivery stakeholders. Familiarity with and experience of large scale cloud vendors (AWS, Azure) and the basic ‘as a service’ architecture model will be key, as will an understanding of container based PaaS hosting platforms
Essential Job Functions
- Develops work statements, scope/priority definitions, budgets and schedules for assigned moderately complex programs. Develops documents with appropriate standards to meet client requirements and needs.
- Engages with account processes and commercial team to ensure interlock of deliverability and commercial requirements.
- Understands and maintains (where applicable) account resource utilisation trackers and feeds into strategic resource demand process.
- Ensures the accuracy of project financial trackers and account project revenue forecasting artefacts.
- Selects and/or oversees the selection of assigned personnel for projects. Ensures communication and understanding of deadlines, assignments and objectives. Acts as point of contact with client program management.
- Monitors program status and identifies risks. Documents program progress including implementation, timelines, issues, risks and successes to maintain program course. Assesses results and determines and implements risk mitigation solutions as appropriate.
- Manages expectations of client project/senior management, company management and project team for agreed upon project performance by obtaining, providing, analyzing and interpreting project metrics.
- Leads assigned personnel for program(s). Provides direction and assigns work as appropriate with regard to timeliness and completion of objectives. May address performance issues within prescribed guidelines and may provide performance input.
- Prepares and recommends program operating and personnel budgets for approval. Monitors spending for adherence to budget, reviews and recommends variances as necessary. Balances program resources
- Proven Programme / Project management experience, preferably including experience of public cloud infrastructure (IaaS and PaaS) and/or on premise private or hybrid cloud architectures.
- Experience working with project management methodology such as Catalyst including budget development, project planning, control and assurance methodologies including earned value management, project management software and finance and accounting concepts and practices
- Experience working quality management approaches and techniques
- Experience working with delivery assurance policies, procedures, and principles to ensure compliance
- Project Management Certification (PMP) preferred
- Public sector experience in contracting, statutory compliance, enforcement of standards and requirements, and delivery of mission services preferred
Damia Group Limited acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers. By applying for this job you accept our Data Protection Policy which can be found on our website.
Damia Group is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.