Salary: £350 - £380 per day
Location: Newcastle upon Tyne
Job Reference: SCCMSME
SCCM SME – Migration Consultant (SC) – Newcastle
I am looking for an SCCM Migration Consultant who can support system design, engineering, implementation, and maintenance of an Enterprise Microsoft 2012 SCCM platform.
Candidate must have SME knowledge of SCCM.
GENERAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Able to provide input to solution designs, installation, maintenance and ongoing support and upgrades to the Microsoft SCCM 2012 environment.
- Providing support and leadership to 3rd and 4th line SCCM engineering resources who are an integral part of the 24/7 migration operations.
- Monitors usage and performance allowing the operational teams to working to pro-active rather than reactive way of working.
- Familiar with train the trainer method of training on SCCM principles and ways of working
- Troubleshoots server, software and hardware issues.
- Assists with recommending, scheduling and implementing system hardware and/or software upgrades or repairs as a direct result of troubleshooting as well as opportunities to optimize system throughput and performance.
- Researches, evaluates and recommends software and hardware products that could enhance and or optimize existing platforms and solution.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Must be able support AD HOC requests to support nightly 0365 migrations where SCCM troubleshooting is deemed necessary.
GENERAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Must be able to lead others in complex situations under difficult circumstances/situations
- Knowledge of multiple operating systems and related utilities and hardware
- Knowledge of technical writing principles and practices
- Skill to effectively analyze and solve problems
- Skill in software installation and maintenance
- Ability to work independently as well as with a team
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- SCCM 2012 deployment and infrastructure knowledge, including detailed analysis and troubleshooting experience.
- Significant level of knowledge and ability to create Advertisement/Collections/Packages/Applications within an SCCM 2012 environment.
- Significant level of knowledge and understanding of setup/use/troubleshooting of software deployments and knowledge of “Maintenance Windows”.
- Significant understanding of common application installation types (EXE, MSI, etc.).
- Experience with SCCM reporting and report building, queries and analysis including in-depth, detailed complex SQL query reporting of SCCM patching and compliance activities.
- Windows Server 2008 through 2012 experience required.
This role is based in Newcastle and a flexible approach to working is required in order to fit the needs of the 24/7 migration team.
*Applicants must be eligible / hold SC Level Secuirty Clearance **