Salary: £475 - £575 per day
Job Reference: 0671
Design Authority – Java based Applications Design / Development
We are looking for a Java Architect/ Designer to join a high security Programme based in Surrey working on Java Applications Design.
The responsibilities will include:
- Technical investigations, analysis, trade-offs of solution options
- Technical rapid prototyping
- Technical management of system build scripts and procedures and COTS deployment
- Technical management of upgrade deployment scripts and procedures (to update the operational systems)
- Market assessment of COTS products for obsolescence replacement programme
- Providing design direction and guidance to the development and test team members
- Supporting customer design and test reviews, including production of data packs, responding to review comments and attending milestone review meetings
• Technically strong, capable of picking up new concepts / technologies
• Linux /Unix – configuration, software installation/build, shell scripting
• Experience working on large projects/programmes
• Customer facing experience
• Low-level networking concepts
• Java / Web application development
• Cryptographic / Security experience.
• Subversion (svn).
• Knowledge of Oracle/SQL
• Secure projects
Security Clearance Level : SC required / SC Clearable