Salary: £55000 - £60000 per annum
Job Reference: VR/05947
Title: Commercial Manager
Location: London with some travel to Leatherhead
Type: Permanent / Contract
Salary: £55,000 – £60,000 / £550ppd
Commercial Manager, London. We are currently looking for a Commercial Manager to join one of the world’s largest engineering, procurement, and construction companies and work on a national project replacing the current emergency services Airwave system with a new mobile communications network.
Emergency Services Mobile Communications Programme (ESMCP) is a cross departmental, multi-agency programme based within the Home Office which is:
– Delivering critical mobile voice and broadband data communications services to the 3 Emergency Services (3ES) and other public safety bodies from 2017
– Ensuring a smooth operating and commercial transition between current and future communications services for the 3ES and other user organisations
The Programme has representation from the 3ES at both operational and departmental levels, HMT, CO and Welsh and Scottish Governments. ESMCP has recently signed contracts with major suppliers to deliver the new Emergency Services Network (ESN). The Programme is now working with these suppliers to mobilise the new ESN in readiness for the start of live operation. KBR was awarded the role of Delivery Partner to oversee build-out of the new network; programme manage transition; provide cross-Lot integration; training support services; vehicle installation design and assurance, and delivery support.
The Delivery Partner Commercial Manager will be responsible for supporting the Programme Manager with all commercial matters relating to KBR’s contract with the Home Office. He/she will work in an integrated and multi-disciplinary deployed team, with corporate reach back and support from head office.
A member of the Delivery Partner (DP) management team, the role is responsible for the provision of day to day commercial support to the KBR Programme Manager. The role is supported on a day to day basis by the wider management team members. Core responsibilities Include:
– Responsible for overseeing all DP change requests, contract amendments etc. to properly protect KBR’s interests in respect of any performance, financial and legal liability issues associated with changed scope or other requirements
– Regularly review Change Register to ensure effective action is being taken to ensure all necessary changes are requested and billed
– Interface with internal KBR functions to ensure contract compliance and consolidate and coordinate that information as advice to Commercial Director and Programme Manager
– Manages the delivery of objectives by providing leadership and commercial direction to team members
– Participate in the development of commercial strategy – both general and programme specific for new work opportunities associated with ESMCP
– Prepare and present business cases for internal and client approval in conjunction with the Programme Manager
– Ensuring awareness and compliance with KBR corporate governance procedures
– Ensuring avoidance of any Conflict of Interest on the part of KBR, the DP and the DP Supply Chain
– Support the Programme Manager in developing and agreeing T&Cs for KBR staff and KBR Subcontractors
– Support other related projects with commercial advice at strategy level and the recruitment of Commercial Staff
– Own and deliver commercial section of internal reports to KBR senior management
– Own the head of contract terms with Authority and KBR Subcontractors / Supply Chain
– Maintain the required resourcing level and develop the capabilities of the overall KBR DP Commercial team
– In conjunction with Programme Manager, KBR assigned attorney and KBR governance requirements, set strategy for the management of claims both directly and using Dispute Resolution processes
– Attend Risk reviews, provide mitigation advice and ensure issues arising are resolved
The nature of the role will require some flexibility and adaptation to respond to changes dictated by a fast-paced and complex programme, which may result in additional tasks to be undertaken.
Experience and Skills
– Educated to degree level within an engineering, law or business related field, with previous experience in Commercial Management within an engineering sector
– Proven record of contract administration of projects, ideally with a demonstrable experience of change management
– Good interpersonal skills, capable of working independently and collaboratively as part of a wider team
– Excellent client facing skills with the confidence to deal with people at all levels
– Knowledge of pricing and cost estimate preparation
– Good understanding of governance processes and requirements
– Excellent verbal and written communication skills including report writing and presentation skills, attention to detail
– Able to integrate and balance big-picture concerns and issues with day-to-day activities and tasks
– Analytical, able to draw accurate conclusions from financial and quantitative information
– Able to successfully manage time, plans, projects and other related tasks
– Good IT knowledge
This position may require the successful candidate to undergo severity checks to allow them to work within secure environments.
To be considered for this position and find out more information about this opportunity please apply.
Due to high volumes of applications we will endeavour to respond to all applicants. If you have not received a formal response to your application within 2 weeks, it unfortunately means that you have been unsuccessful at this stage.
Damia Group is an Equal Opportunities employer that is happy to welcome applications for any applicant who fulfil the role requirements for this position. Damia Group is a company exclusively supporting the Engineering and IT sectors. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.